Although it may seem confusing and time consuming, engaging with your follower's will be incredibly lucrative for your business or professional service. My own story:
On a Saturday prior to taking the plunge into social media marketing and not knowing what I was doing. I set up a twitter account (@hermosahillscr) for a development we are involved with in Costa Rica. Not realizing what I was doing, I failed to place a link to our website to access additional information, less than 48 hours, I received a call at my office in Florida from a potential buyer in Arizona interested in a million dollar home in Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica. Obviously, I immediately saw the power in this social media tool.This interaction would have never have happened if I not begun learning the value of social marketing.
There are a few things to keep in mind as you begin tweeting, those being:
- Being interesting, smart and funny will bring followers and engagement and business
- Become a go-to source for people looking for your services or product, whether selling to them or being a helping in the decision making
- Stay away from automated apps that are available that tweet for you, beware of the robots!
- Check your messages regularly and establish conversation
- Don't tweet on the hour, every hour or spam
- Get your twitter name out there to everyone: Facebook, website, business cards, and LinkedIn